Initiatives for personal information protection
AIMEDIA Co., LTD (hereinafter referred to as “OUR COMPANY“) by creating a comfortable living environment for customers is striving to become an enterprise that can gain the deep trust of customers. During the business activities, OUR COMPANY shall protect the important personal information entrusted to the custody of OUR COMPANY by the customers and suppliers of OUR COMPANY, and recognising that using this information appropriately is a big social responsibility. OUR COMPANY has established the personal information protection policy and takes the pledge to practise this.
1. Personal information protection policy
The usage objectives have to be specified and the handling of the personal information has to be clearly indicated to the individual. In addition, in case of a request for the disclosure, correction and deletion by an individual with respect to this information we shall strive to take appropriate measures in response etc to this request.
We shall prevent the risk of unauthorised access, information loss, destruction, falsification and disclosure etc of the personal information entrusted to us by executing effective human, organizational and technical measures.
(Compliance with laws and regulations and establishment of internal regulations)
In order to fulfil the social responsibilities as a good corporate citizen, shall comply with laws and regulations related to personal information protection and with other social standards. In addition, the internal regulations shall be established in accordance to this policy, and laws and regulations.
The activities of OUR COMPANY to protect the personal information shall be done with rigorous internal audits along with continuous review and improvement of the initiatives.
2. Definition of personal information
Personal information is recognized as the information (information that can identify the name, date of birth etc of a particular individual) of an individual existing as defined in the law on the protection of personal information, and the information of mail address, user id, password, credit card etc associated with a particular individual and the hobbies, family structure, age and other attribute information related to an individual integral with the personal information.
3. Collection of personal information
(1) Personal information shall be obtained appropriately and shall not be obtained by means of deception or other wrongful means. In addition, shall note that information should not be collected from children below 15 years of age arbitrarily without parental consent.
(2) In this website, information such as the contents viewed by the customers within this website and the website from which this website was accessed etc. shall be collected. In this kind information collection process with the objective of improving the user-friendliness of this site, information is not collected using any method that specifies the customer as a specific individual, and also during the process of information analysis, specifying an individual customer is not done.
(3) Cookie IP address information
Since it is not possible to identify a particular individual based on only the cookie and IP information, these have not been considered as personal information. However, when this information and personal information are used together, such information will also be considered as personal information. In case of using the cookie and IP address information, even though a particular individual cannot be identified at this site, the method and its purpose will be continued to be disclosed. In addition, cookie information can be rejected with the browser settings.
4. Cookie and IP address information
(1) Cookie and IP address information
Since it is not possible to identify a particular individual based on only the cookie and IP information, these have not been considered as personal information. However, when this information and personal information are used together, such information will also be considered as personal information. In case of using the cookie and IP address information, even though a particular individual cannot be identified at this site, the method and its purpose will be continued to be disclosed. In addition, it is possible to reject cookie information with the browser settings.
1) When the user browses this site, we shall send a cookie to the user’s browser to identify the user.
2) If the browser setting permits the user to receive cookies, the cookie information is stored in the computer of the user. user’s computer.
3) If the browser setting permits the user to send cookies, the web server receives the cookie information from the user’s browser. However, the browser of the user user’s browser sends only the cookies sent by the server of this website for privacy protection.
4) The user can reject sending or receiving cookies by selecting “Reject sending or receiving cookies” in the settings for sending and receiving cookies.
5. Usage of personal information
(1) Specification of the purpose of usage of personal information
When handling the personal information of the customer, the purpose of usage shall be specified as far much as possible excluding cases where the purpose of use is evident to the customer.
(2) Restriction in the use of personal information
Without prior consent of an individual, personal information shall not be handled beyond the scope necessary for the achievement of the usage purpose. Even when the personal information has been obtained through merger or other reasons, handling must not exceed the scope of usage purpose that existed before the succession without the prior consent of an individual. However, this does not apply in the following cases.
1) If based on the laws and regulations
2) In cases where it is necessary for the protection of life, body and property, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the each individual.
3) In cases where it is especially necessary for the improvement of public health or for promoting the healthy development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the each individual.
4) In cases where cooperation is required with a national agency, local government or any person entrusted to carry out affairs as set forth by the law, and obtaining the consent of the person is likely to hinder the execution of concerned work.
(3) Notification of the purpose of use at the time of acquiring the personal information.
Advance official announcement about the purpose of use shall be made when obtaining the personal information. However, this does not apply in the following cases.
1) In cases where the notification of usage purpose to the individual or an official announcement might harm the life, body, property or any other rights and interests of the individual or a third party.
2) In cases where the notification of purpose of use to the individual or an official announcement might harm the rights or legitimate interests of the company.
3) In cases where cooperation is required with a national agency or local government to carry out affairs as set forth by the law, and obtaining the consent of the person is likely to hinder the execution of concerned work.
4) In cases where it is noticed that the purpose of use is evident from the circumstances of acquisition of personal information.
(4) Changes in the purpose of use of personal information
In case of any changes in the usage purpose of personal information, the change should be carried out having suitable equivalent relevance to the usage purpose prior to the change and without exceeding a reasonable scope. The reason for the change in usage purpose shall be notified to the person in question or an official announcement shall be made.
6. Management of personal information
(1) Safety controls for personal information and Supervision of employees
In cases where employees deal with the personal information, necessary and adequate supervision of the employees shall be performed in order to achieve safety control of the personal information.
(2) Supervision of contractors
In case the handling of personal information is partially or totally outsourced, necessary and adequate supervision of the contractors shall be performed in order to achieve safety control of the personal information.
7. Restriction on offering to a third party
Personal information shall not be provided to any third party, except in cases pursuant to the law, without the prior consent of the individual. However, the following cases do not apply to the third parties set above.
1) When outsourcing all or part of the handling of personal information, within the scope necessary to achieve the usage purpose of OUR COMPANY.
2) When personal information is provided due to the succession of business by merger or other reasons
3) When an individual has been notified in advance or is placed in a state where the individual gets to know easily with respect to cases where personal information is used jointly with specific parties, the purport as well as the items of personal information used jointly, scope of the party using jointly, usage purpose of the parties, and name or title of the party who own the responsibility for the management of the personal information
When personal information is jointly used with specific parties, and there is a change in the usage purpose or name or title of the parties responsible for management, the modified details shall be notified to the individual or placed in a state where the individual gets to know easily.
8. Disclosure of personal information
When personal information is requested to be disclosed by an individual, personal information shall be disclosed to the individual without delay. However, when falling under any of the following due to the disclosure, all or part of the information shall not be disclosed and when the decision not to reveal the information has been taken then this has to be notified without delay.
(1) When there is a risk of harm to the life, body, property and other rights and interests of the individual or a third party.
(2) When there is a fear of a possible significant impediment to the proper implementation of the business of OUR COMPANY.
(3) In case other laws and regulations are violated
In addition, information other than personal information such as access log shall not be disclosed in principle.
If you have any opinions or questions, please inform the customer service department of AIMEDIA Co., LTD.
*OUR COMPANY, with respect to the links of websites not belonging to OUR COMPANY, shall not take responsibility for the protection of personal information etc of the clients in other (enterprise or individual) websites to which links are provided in the website of OUR COMPANY.